Your EKUDirect "user id" is your student identification number that begins with 901.
The pin is a 6 digit pin (all numbers).
User id: 901999999 (cannot be changed)
Change your EKUDirect PIN:
There are several options for changing your EKUDirect PIN:
- Click Forgot Pin when logging into EKUDirect and answer security question
- Use menu option "Personal Information" and click change pin
- Email your request from your EKU myMail account (email from unsecure sites will not be accepted
- Bring a picture id to the Registrar's Office
- Fax in a written request with signature asking for PIN to be changed. Please include:
- full name
- EKU id number or date of birth
- daytime phone number
- readable copy of 2 ID's
Do not call the Registrar's Office or the Help Desk-they cannot reset your PIN by phone.
What to do if you lose/forget your EKU ID Number
►E-Key (primary password and username)
The E-Key is the primary password and username for all students at EKU.
- E-Key's are sent by mail upon acceptance at EKU
- E-Key's are also distributed at Orientation
Username: FirstName_LastName ( John Smith=John_Smith)
Password: Password can be changed
- Must be 8 characters beginning with letter, and including one number
- Cannot contain special characters
Change your E-Key
- Visit myMail
- Select options
- See all options
- Change password on right side of screen
E-Key is the password and username for the following:
- W: Drive off campus
- On campus computers
- Student Election Voting
- Accessing library database off campus
- Wireless network
Password Protocol for E-Key
- User ID's shall be unique and assigned to an individual EKU computer and/or network system user.
- Passwords and/or pins are considered confidential information and shall not be shared or transferred to others.
DO NOT write down your passwords and/or pins where they can be seen or interpreted easily by others.
DO NOT post your passwords and/or pins.
DO NOT store electronically, cache, or transmit by email or other technical means.
Avoid using your name, pet's name, relative's name or other common names, user ID, birth date, phone number, address or other personal information.
- Minimum password requirements:
•8 characters for general users, 9 characters for elevated privilege systems
•Alphanumeric with one letter and one number and must begin with a letter
•Cannot be reused for 4 days
- After 3 unsuccessful logon attempts, computer and network users will be locked out for 30 minutes.
- Authentication information stored on University computer or network shall be protected so that authentication information cannot be accessed by an unauthorized user or process.
- Users shall be logged off after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- System administrators shall periodically review, remove and/or modify EKU computer and network system user accounts as appropriate.
- EKU reserves the right to review and/or require change of any identification and/or authentication process for compliance.
More Information on EKUDirect
Password & Account Article for Employees